Read More +
This refresher block will let your well used Beeswax Wraps have a second lease of life. Whether you have had them for a year and they need reviving or you have washed your new wraps in hot water by accident and the wax has started to come off, this refresher block will make them good as new again.
With a block of the secret wax blend you will be able to revive approximately;
2 x Bread Wraps
or 3 x Large Wraps
or 4 x Medium Wraps
or 5 x Small Wraps
Beeswax Wrap Refresher Block Instructions
You will need;
1. 1 x Beeswax Wrap Refresher Block
2. Fine cheese grater
3. Baking/Parchment paper (2 x squares 2 inches bigger than the wrap you are re-waxing)
4. Iron (steam function turned off)
5. Clean tea towel
6. Ironing board
1. Place the tea towel on top of the ironing board
2. Cover the tea towel with one sheet of baking paper
3. Place the used wrap on top of the baking parchment
4. Grate the Wax Refresher Block onto the wrap, spreading the wax evenly over the whole wrap
5. Place the second sheet of baking paper on top of the wrap
6. Use the iron on a HOT setting and gently press the iron on top of the baking paper
7. Keep the iron moving at all times until the wax has melted evenly
8. Remove the top sheet of baking paper
9. Carefully remove the wrap, picking it up by the corners
10. Waft the wrap back and for the until cold
Things to consider
• The iron will be hot so be careful
• Do not complete this process in a gas oven or near a flame
• The wax will be hot so please be careful
• Use an old tea towel
• Keep the baking paper for next time
• Use the box the refresher block came in to keep it safe
• Pour very hot water over the grater to clean off any wax residue
The Beeswax wrap Co source all of their beeswax from the UK, mostly within a 30 mile radius of their workshop.
Why use Beeswax Wraps?
100% natural - Compared to cling film, our Beeswax Wraps are all natural so no nasties will leach into your food whilst its being stored.
Keeps your food super fresh - The combination of natural ingredients with the organic cotton fabric allows our wraps to breathe, making sure your food stays fresher for longer.
Clingy but in a good way - Pine resin gives our wraps a natural adhesive making sure your food is sealed tight, the warmth from your hands helps mould the wraps to give a strong seal.
Reusable - Rather than using cling film or foil that you throw away after one use, our reusable food wraps can simply be washed in cold water with a little bit of soap and they are ready to roll again. After a month or so just pop them in the oven to re pasteurise them and whoop whoop off you go again.
Biodegradable - Once you have used your wrap to the max you can pop it on your compost!
Caring for your wraps
- Wash with soap in cold water and hang to dry
- Pasteurise every few months in the oven. Lay on baking paper in 100c oven for no more than 3 minutes
- Do not use to wrap hot food, make sure all food is cold before you use the wraps
- Wraps are not suitable for using in the microwave
Please note these wraps are flammable so keep away from naked flames.
Read Less -